This lesson will be targeted to focus on writing 10 lines on Mahatma Gandhi for different grades. The difficulty level will rise accordingly.
Table of Contents
- 10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi for Kids
- 10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi for classes 1,2,3
- 10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi for Classes 4,5,6
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi for Kids
- Mahatma Gandhi was born in Gujarat on 2nd October 1969.
- His full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi was a freedom fighter who led India to its independence from British rule.
- His ideals were non-violence and satyagraha and he fought against the British without ever lifting an arm.
- He was arrested and jailed many times by the British but that didn’t stop him.
- He contributed greatly to the Indian freedom struggle and came to be known as the father of the nation.
- Mahatma Gandhi launched the non-cooperation movement against the British and encouraged people to become self-dependent.
- He also fought against social evils like untouchability and discrimination.
- Mahatma Gandhi was loved by the nation and was fondly nicknamed ‘Bapu’.
- Gandhiji died on 30th January 1948 after he was shot by Nathuram Godse.
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi for classes 1,2,3
- Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar, Gujarat, on 2nd October 1969.
- His full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and he was the son of Karamchand Gandhi and Putlibai.
- Mahatma Gandhi studied in England and went to South Africa to practice law.
- He faced racial discrimination in South Africa at the hands of the white people and it was there that he first started satyagraha.
- Mahatma Gandhi returned back to India in 1914 and soon joined the Indian freedom struggle.
- He launched several non-violent movements against the British government like the non-cooperation movement and the quit India movement.
- He contributed a lot to the freedom struggle of India and came to be known as the father of the nation.
- He also fought against social evils like discrimination and untouchability and tried to educate society.
- Mahatma Gandhi was loved by people of all sections of society and was fondly called ‘Bapu’.
- He died on 30th January 1948 after Nathuram Godse, a Hindu extremist, shot him.
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi for Classes 4,5,6
- Mahatma Gandhi was born as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in Porbandar, Gujarat, on 2nd October 1869.
- His father was a lawyer named Karamchand Uttamchand Gandhi and his mother was called Putlibai.
- He married Kasturba Gandhi at the age of 13 and had 4 sons.
- Mahatma Gandhi studied law in England and after he graduated, he went to South Africa to practice law.
- In South Africa, he faced racial discrimination when he was thrown out of a train for sitting in a ‘whites-only’ compartment.
- It was then that his satyagraha began and his non-violent protests against colonial rule continued even after he returned to India.
- Mahatma Gandhi joined the Indian freedom struggle and launched movements like the civil disobedience movement, quit India movement, salt satyagraha and non-cooperation or swadeshi movement.
- He was also a social reformer and fought against social evils like untouchability, caste system and discrimination.
- He dedicated his life to the people of this country and was fondly called ‘Bapu’.
- Mahatma Gandhi is called the father of our nation and will always be remembered for his contributions.
I hope, after going through this session, all your doubts have been resolved regarding this topic. If you still have any queries, let me know through the comment section. Keep browsing our site to read more such content.